Saturday, August 25, 2012

mad hattery

I love hats.

So when I wanted to crochet myself a nice beanie, I found a few patterns that fit the bill nicely. Sweet, simple, and to the point. The pattern I ended up attempting used front-post double crochet, which I have been dying to try.

So when I made the hat, and it was far too tight, I was sad. I frogged it halfway, added more increases, and did it again. Still no. now, it was a little too loose, and still too short. Dang. I frogged it halfway again, looked at it, and laughed. I proceeded to make my own pattern.

Now, I know that I leap-frogged off of the pattern (for those of you wondering, it was this hat), and I'm not claiming that it's my own, totally original idea. But it is a variation, and my own pattern. And I small step in the right direction for making my very own original hats.

Food for thought: If almost everything has been done before, can one say that he has created a "completely original" item? Can't all patterns be seen to have been leap-frogged off of each other?

No comments:

Post a Comment